My
21-year-old Muslim friend came up to me and told me that he had two
interactions from this morning to tell me about. In his
words:
“This morning my brother told me that Hindus are bad people. I asked him, 'Who made Hindus?' God did! We are all children of God, so we cannot say that they are bad.”
“Then an aunti told me today, 'Don't eat the poori from the Hindus because they drink alcohol.' [That day was a Hindu festival and some Hindus were distributing free food.] I told her, 'Many Muslims in our basti drink too! Have you ever eaten in my home?' She said, 'Yes, twice.' So I told her, 'Well, I have drunk alcohol twice!'”
“This morning my brother told me that Hindus are bad people. I asked him, 'Who made Hindus?' God did! We are all children of God, so we cannot say that they are bad.”
“Then an aunti told me today, 'Don't eat the poori from the Hindus because they drink alcohol.' [That day was a Hindu festival and some Hindus were distributing free food.] I told her, 'Many Muslims in our basti drink too! Have you ever eaten in my home?' She said, 'Yes, twice.' So I told her, 'Well, I have drunk alcohol twice!'”
Yeast spreads slowly, and the early
steps don't look like much. But eventually it permeates the whole
dough.
No comments:
Post a Comment