Today I'm just posting some images I like from our city, in thematic sets of three.
For starters, India has the most environmentally friendly schoolbuses in the world. Dudes have to work really, really hard though.
Not that they're the only ones who have to work hard. You should have seen the scene seconds before this picture when one of the guys crossed from one vertical beam to the next:
And she's amazing with the bricks:
It's not unusual to see security guards with ancient-looking guns. But this is the only one I've seen with a bayonet attached! Trying to imagine him using that against a burglar is pretty gross.
It doesn't really get that cold here, but people worry about their goats. The ones wearing actual sweaters are the best, but this little guy just get a burlap sack.
Kids posing with a water buffalo that I had just made a little video with.
A peaceful end to a difficult life.
Beautiful sunset on the outskirts of the city.
Morning...somewhere. I don't remember where I took this picture.
Dawn in our basti.
A Shia mosque.
A Hindu temple in the middle of the river.
Catholic cathedral right before Christmas.
Her enthusiasm with the beating stick is admirable, but her turning and reaction speed leave something to be desired..
When you only have one swing in your playground, you make the most of it.
The kid in the water just did a backflip off that water buffalo.
1 comment:
interesting and wonderful pictures
Post a Comment