There comes a time when you have so much to say that you can't say anything at all. The last three weeks have included my four or five most difficult-to-deal-with days since I arrived in India. And it isn't any one thing or any one family, but multiple (6?) long-simmering issues coming to a head involving the lives of every single one of the families we're closest too. And, because we're their neighbors and we love them, we've become quite involved too.
I can't say more without giving an unfairly incomplete picture, and I can't say everything (or much of anything) without violating the confidence of my friends. So I just want to ask that you pray for them and for us. And pray for the ever-"justified" violence, the poverty created by a world enslaved to greed, and each of our own little personal sins that are helping to tear this world apart. Pray that we can each reach closer to the center of God's Kingdom to release ourselves from power, wealth, and our lusts and learn to love our neighbors as ourselves.
I can't say more without giving an unfairly incomplete picture, and I can't say everything (or much of anything) without violating the confidence of my friends. So I just want to ask that you pray for them and for us. And pray for the ever-"justified" violence, the poverty created by a world enslaved to greed, and each of our own little personal sins that are helping to tear this world apart. Pray that we can each reach closer to the center of God's Kingdom to release ourselves from power, wealth, and our lusts and learn to love our neighbors as ourselves.
6 comments:
Thinking of you both. With you in the 'groaning', waiting for a time when it doesn't have to be like this, and is in fact, never like this. Peace, Friends. Jane W
The sermon i am preparing this Sunday is all about patience. The Gospel is very telling of this. In these hard time i wish nothing but God's Grace and protection and the intercessions and prayers of the saints.
-Mark Atia
Thank you much Mark and Jane.
Praying for you 2 and your neighbours- that you may know you are carried by the creator of the universe as you sleep, cry, eat, walk, hug... These times are really hard. may God surprise you with bursts of beauty and love in unexpected places today. be gentle with each other.
love Ruth, Dave, Abby and Josh
Thank you so much for praying for us Ruth.
Post a Comment