We are in the process of making decisions that will affect the rest of the year...and quite possibly the rest of our lives. Our experiences and relationship with God are the driving forces behind those decisions, but the books we've read have influenced us as well. I wanted to put out a list of the books that have strongly influenced/explained the things that we're doing this year. The following books are in no particular order - I'd recommend all ten of them to everyone.
As a bonus, here are five more books that are informing the more long-term decisions that we are making for the future. I recommend these as well, partly on their own merit (especially #1), but also for anyone who wants to understand our lives and our desires for the future a little more.
I'd be happy to answer any questions at all that anyone has about them.
- Friendship at the Margins
- Making Room
- The Road of Lost Innocence
- In the Name of Jesus
- Compassion
- From Brokenness to Community
- Not for Sale
- First They Killed My Father
- Sexually Exploited Children
- Freedom of Simplicity
As a bonus, here are five more books that are informing the more long-term decisions that we are making for the future. I recommend these as well, partly on their own merit (especially #1), but also for anyone who wants to understand our lives and our desires for the future a little more.
- Three Cups of Tea
- Living Mission
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement (you're better off taking the class rather than just reading the book)
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Cry of the Urban Poor
I'd be happy to answer any questions at all that anyone has about them.
No comments:
Post a Comment